Heathers Audition Information
About: Heathers The Musical is the darkly delicious story of Veronica Sawyer, a brainy, beautiful teenage misfit who hustles her way into the most powerful and ruthless clique at Westerberg High: the Heathers. But before she can get comfortable atop the high school food chain, Veronica falls in love with the dangerously sexy new kid J.D. When Heather Chandler, the Almighty, kicks her out of the group, Veronica decides to bite the bullet and kiss Heather’s aerobicized ass… but J.D. has another plan for that bullet.
Brought to you by the award-winning creative team of Kevin Murphy (Reefer Madness, “Desperate Housewives”), Laurence O’Keefe (Bat Boy, Legally Blonde) and Andy Fickman (Reefer Madness, She’s the Man). Heathers The Musical is a hilarious, heartfelt and homicidal new show based on the greatest teen comedy of all time. With its moving love story, laugh-out-loud comedy and unflinching look at the joys and anguish of high school, Heathers will be New York’s most popular new musical. Are you in, or are you out?
- Veronica Sawyer – 17. Wants to be as cool as the Heathers (lead role). Voice: High belting required with dynamic and stylistic range.
- Jason ‘JD’ Dean – 17. Darkly charismatic and very damaged. Voice strong, confident with wide emotional range.
- Heather Chandler – 17. Rich, hot and cruel. Voice Strong belt, mezzo for chorus.
- Heather Mcnamara – 17. Beautiful, innocent, stupid. Voice strong belt, soprano for chorus.
- Heather Duke – 17. The whipping dog of the three Heathers, deeply insecure. Voice strong belt to C, D.
- Martha Dunnstock – 17. Nicknamed Martha Dumptruck she is a huge and beautiful soul. Strong belt to E or F.
- Ram Sweeney – 17. Linebacker, big, insensitive and mean. Voice strong baritone, some falsetto useful.
- Kurt Kelly – 17. Quarterback and captain. Rude, entitled and cocky. Voice tenor, some falsetto.
- Ram’s Dad/Big Bud Dean/Coach Ripper - 40–45. Voice baritone/tenor – country, gospel belt.
- Ms Fleming/Veronica’s Mom - 45–50. Voice great belt up to C or higher.
- Kurt’s Dad/Veronica’s Dad/Principal Gowan - 30–45. Voice strong baritone/tenor power Country gospel belt.
- Boy 1: Beleagured Geek. Baritone or tenor
- Boy 2: Preppy Stud. Bass or baritone
- Boy 3: Hipster Dork. Baritone or tenor
- Girl 1: New Wave Girl. Voice soprano
- Girl 2: Stoner chick. Voice soprano
- Girl 3: young Republicanette. Voice pref soprano.
Details: Auditions will be held on Sunday 4 February from 10am-3pm. Auditionees will be asked to prepare a song from a musical that shows off their vocal range, come dressed in dance appropriate clothing. You will be asked to do a cold read from the script. You will need to be ages 16 years and over to audition for this show.
There will be 2 Sessions for Auditions. 10-12am and 1-3pm. Please indicate which session best suits.
**Please bring along with you a printed copy of your theatre resume with a recent head shot embedded**
Director: Angela Witcher
Executive Producer: Sharon Bapty
Production Manager: Sharon Bapty
Choreogragher: Kara Fisher
Assistant Choreographer: Zachary Crisan
Vocal Coach: Loic Valmy
*All enquiries to Sharon Bapty - firstname.lastname@example.org
“A tale as dark as night and black as a witches cat. Delicious.”
- Angela Witcher