Code of Conduct
For Cast, Crew and Volunteers
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, regardless of their abilities, gender, religion or cultural background.
- Support all efforts to remove any form of abuse in this organisation and encourage a safe and supportive environment.
- Ensure that any physical contact with others is appropriate to the situation and necessary for the person’s skill development.
- Refrain from using abusive, derogatory or offensive language.
- Impart knowledge and skills in my area of expertise in a respectful and encouraging manner.
- Respect the decisions of the Management Committee, Production Team and the Executive Producer.
- Do not show favouritism towards any cast, crew or volunteer.
- Show respect for the space and property of others.
For Parents and Guardians
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, regardless of their age, abilities, gender, religion or cultural background.
- Respect the decisions of the Management Committee, the Executive Producer and the production management team; and encourage my child to do likewise.
- Focus on and encourage my child’s efforts and performance.
- Remember that my child participates in activities for their own enjoyment, not mine.
- Raise any issues or concerns with the production management team.
- Ensure that my child is on time and any inability to attend is communicated with the production management team.
- Ensure that any forms or documents are read, filled in and returned promptly.
- Ensure that I collect my child promptly after rehearsal or performance.
- Ensure that my child is appropriately dressed for the rehearsal or performance.
- Do not treat any child or young person in an unfair, unjust or discriminatory manner.
- Only enter the rehearsal, workshop space or backstage areas where permitted by the production management team.
- Respect other children, young people and adults.
- Cooperate and play by the rules.
- Listen and follow instructions.
- Speak in a positive manner.
- Take direction in a positive manner, and not argue.
- Respect the good work of others by also rehearsing at home.
- Wait inside in the designated area when waiting to be collected.
- Arrive on time.
- Control your temper.
- Have a say about what we are involved in.
- Speak up if you are worried or concerned about something.
- Do not talk while the director or production team members are speaking.